"Hamilton," Star Responds To Donald Trump's Apology Demand: "There is Nothing to Apologize For"
The story has its eyes on the Triumph.
Hamilton star Brandon Victor Dixon has responded to the President-elect of Donald Trump demands that the cast of the successful Broadway Hip-Hop musical to apologize for his message addressed to the Vice president-elect, Mike Pence at the end of a show last week.
Appearing on CBS This Morning Monday, Dixon said simply hosts that "there's nothing to apologize".
The Theatre should always be a safe and a special place.The cast of Hamilton was very rude last night to a very good man, Mike Pence. Apologies!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 19, 2016
Explain why the statement was made on behalf of the team of Hamilton, Dixon said: "Well, the producers, the creators and the cast, we recognize that Hamilton is an inherently American story told by the definition of the American community. We are men and women of different colors, creeds and orientations."
"The resonance of the nature of the show in all the world, throughout the global community, requires us to make statements when there are major issues upwards, as a community," he continued. "So I wanted to stand up and spread a message of love and unity, taking into account all the emotional outpour from the election."
Trump had accused the cast of Hamilton to harass his VP selection after Dixon had delivered a respectful of the direction of the Vice president.
Talking about Pennies, Dixon had said: "We, lord — you — are various the united states that have been concerned and anxious that his administration is not going to protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or to defend ourselves and defend our inalienable rights," he said. "We really hope that this show has inspired to defend our American values and to work on behalf of all of us."
In an interview with Fox News Sunday, Pence said he wasn't offended by Dixon's comments, saying that he and his family "enjoyed the show."