Suge Knight's Murder Trial Start Date Set
Knight of the sister of the also explains the reason for his brother's hospitalization earlier this month.
Los Angeles, CA – The long-awaited and many times postponed trial for the murder of Marion "Suge" Knight is finally set for September 24, a judge in Los Angeles, announced Monday (April 23), according to the New York Daily News.
The gentleman was present in court for the announcement, where he reportedly nodded when asked if he approved of his judgment from the end of September.
Knight of the court appearance comes after he was briefly hospitalized on the 3rd of April. After his hearing on Monday, Knight's sister, Karen Anderson, explained the reason for his brother's trip to Los Angeles County USC Medical Center earlier this month.
"He had the eye surgery," he said. "He was in a lot of pain, with a lot of pain. His left eye is partially blind."
Anderson later told the New York Daily News that the Gentleman of the family is working on hiring another lawyer of the defense. His 15th lawyer in the case quit smoking recently, while two of his previous attorneys were hit with charges of conspiracy to bribe a potential witness to the beginning of March. The knight, however, reported to be ready to move forward with his new attorney, Albert DeBlanc, Jr.
After Monday's hearing, DeBlanc ignore the rumors Knight had tried to recruit Jose Baez, the Florida-based lawyer, best known as the lead attorney of Casey Anthony, who was acquitted of murder in July 2011.
"I still don't know anything about that," he said. "It was the smoke."
Knight has been carried out on the L. A. County jail since the beginning of 2015. He faces charges of murder and attempted murder stemming from an incident in a Compton burger stand that resulted in the death of Terry Carter.
Knight has pleaded not guilty, arguing that he acted in self-defense.